When I started out in the industry several years ago, I knew that one of the key factors to being successful would be to build my business by creating something that no one else was offering. I live in Hawaii. We are surrounded by beautiful beaches so most everyone lives an active lifestyle and spends the majority of their time in the ocean. I knew that focusing on that was the key to my success and what I needed to focus on.
Early on, I decided that I was going to create a technique tailored to people who wanted to look natural being that most of my target market are either surfers, divers, paddlers and ocean lovers. They want to be able to get in and come out looking beautifully natural. Your first step to standing out is to find and define your niche.
I first looked at colors and photos that inspired me. I was drawn to the ocean, sun and sand and wanted the business to reflect that. I then contemplated common activities of my target market which were surfing, hiking, training - all things that reflect an active lifestyle. I decided that my messaging would have a common thread of the beach to draw the attention of those people and it worked!
Tips for You
- Focus your marketing on your current environment and be willing to adapt to your environment.
- If you have your own technique, make it be the “icing on the cake”.
- Take advantage of all the scenery the town you’re in has to offer and brand yourself through that.
- Image. Don’t be afraid to hire professionals to establish an image that suits your vision.
- Research your market. It is essential to get in contact with the right people who make things happen and have them work with or for you.
- Work hard and smart and you will see the results.
Do you have any questions for me? Let me know below!